The Ministerial Search Process
UU Wellesley's Search Committee
The results of the Congregational survey are being sent out again to ensure everyone has a chance to see the content. This is the same report that was sent in August.
Sunday, September 24, after service. The Search Committee will provide a brief update as part of the Quarterly Conversation to report on our progress and highlight the following key learnings from the survey and General Assembly:
- There is a clear consensus that we wish to grow in number.
- We want an inspirational and supportive leader to help us grow ... but there is considerable diversity of opinion on what that person should be like.
- General Assembly taught us that ministers these days are looking not only to minister to the congregation, but also to minister "outward" and heal the world.
- Congregations around the nation have been growing in response to the events taking place in our country.
- If we truly wish to grow, we need to expand our response to the challenges of current events and social injustice.
Sunday, October 1. The Search Committee will host two final "small group discussions," one before service (9:30am) and one after service (11:45am), in the Chapel. If you have not yet joined a Search-related small group discussion, please join one of these sessions so we can hear from you. The sessions will be an opportunity to open up discussion on the survey report and comment on the key points above. We value your thoughts. Please join us.
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to any member of the Ministerial Search Committee via the links above.